Graphic Designer – On Field | New Era Cap Co., Inc. Buffalo, NY
[September 2019 – July 2020]
Creating logos and production specifications for headwear.
- Create visuals for production of print and web-based sales tools.
- Create and upkeep logo libraries for reference.
- Process custom artwork requests.
- Support company-wide software for management of logos, fabrics, thread colors, and licenses.
Program and Engagement Manager| The Buffalo History Museum, Buffalo, NY
[November 2014 – September 2019]
Collaborating with the Buffalo community creating public programs and educational experiences.
- Head of M+T Third Friday offerings; including lectures, tours, and hands-on activities. Identify, collaborate with, and schedule speakers for Wednesday evening lecture series. (Purchase orders, budget, contracts, logistics).
- Manage and collaborate with the Education Team: Education Coordinator (FT) and Volunteer Coordinator (PT), creating history kits, tours, and educational programs.
- Work with Education Coordinator to manage, schedule, and train docents (10-15).
- Manage seasonal Program Assistant for seasonal pop-up programming
- Organize long-term projects, fostering partnerships with other cultural organizations and businesses within the community.
- Maintain, train staff, and update, audio visual equipment for lectures and off- site programs.
- Project Manager for auditorium renovations. Solicited and reviewed RFPs for technology upgrade, managed demolition, installation, and training of the new system.
Programs of Note:
- Cherry Blossom Festival – A free week-long celebration partnering with our local parks system to show off our Japanese Gardens.
- ‘Presidents and the Press’ – A partnership with a local group to host a panel discussion about presidents and their role in the media (237 attendees).
- Western New York Playwrights – A collaboration between local playwrights and the Museum. We selected 5 unusual artifacts to inspire their short plays (50 attendees).
- Jazz on 2nd Sundays – A yearly six-concert jazz series with a local jazz non-profit (Average 100+ attendees each concert).
- Marketing and Design
- Served as interim graphic design and marketing coordinator (7 months).
- Developed quarterly newsletter, graphic identities for programs.
- Created daily social media posts, increased followers across platforms by 14%.
- Developed and designed content for social media and promotions.
Board Member | Philadelphia Emerging Museum Professionals, Philadelphia, PA
[September 2013 – October 2014]
Co-chair Membership Committee
Survey Assistant | Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA
[September 2012 – October 2014]
Surveying visitors to the museum through interviews and self-administered surveys allowing the museum to compile data on their visitorship for future grants and exhibitions.
Visitor Services Assistant-Public Programming |Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
[June 2012 – September 2014]
Engaging visitors to the museum with the history of chemistry through tours, public programs, and events.
- First Friday planning and implementation, contracting speakers, creating activities, sourcing materials, budgeting, organizing volunteers, creating images and marketing materials.
- Research and development for public programs, tours, and activities for groups incorporating museum philosophies and informal education knowledge.
- Create and lead public programs for Philadelphia Science Festival.
- Science on Tap delegate for CHF: finding speakers, marketing materials, graphic design.
Exhibition Research Assistant | Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
[September 2012 – December 2012]
Original research of objects, videos, and ephemera from archives, collections, and audio-visual holdings to support public programming and exhibition development of an upcoming exhibition on chemistry sets. Developed two comprehensive timelines from original research.
Exhibition Development Intern | Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
[September 2011- June 2012]
- Researched and developed ideas for new exhibitions.Designed new reader rail panels to better explain objects on display.
- Researched and wrote a series of object essays featuring their unique collection objects. Essays have been used in CHF’s quarterly magazine.
Visitor Evaluation Intern | Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, Philadelphia, PA
[September 2011 – December 2012]
- Researched, designed and implemented a baseline visitor evaluation instrument
Coded and analyzed the data, created charts to show results.
- Prepared a summative report on the findings. Findings have been used in grants and reports to the board.
Sample size: 256 – Confidence interval: 5.78 – Confidence level: 95%
Exhibition Design Intern | Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia, PA
[April 2011- August 2011]
- Designed two new exhibition elements incorporating the history of the museum’s
building and educational standards of the museum. Worked within budget to source materials and supplies.
- Collaborated with the curator and staff to create a train table exhibition with hands-on interactives.
- Created illustrative models for fund-raising.
Exhibition Development Intern | Athenaeum of Philadelphia, PA
[September 2010 – January 2011]
- Research and preparation of two new exhibits, scanned over 100 delicate artifacts including maps, books, and other works on paper using their ‘Cruse Scanner.’
- Designed event postcards for upcoming shows.
Arts Counselor | Double H Ranch, Lake Luzerne, NY
[Summer 2009, 2010]
Created accessible art and craft programs for over 100 campers each week. Lessons and activities had to be flexible and appropriate for a range of different abilities and learning levels. Activities included art history lessons for older campers, woodworking for hands-on puzzle-loving kids, and tie-dyeing t-shirts.
Worked with daily volunteers, making sure that they had time to interact with campers in thoughtful and meaningful ways..
Graphic Designer | Fosdick-Nelson Gallery, Alfred University, Alfred, NY
[September 2008 – May 2009]
Established cohesive branding for five exhibitions, collaborating with gallery director and curators. Designed posters, postcards, and wall vinyl.
Communications and Collections Intern | National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Worked with the communications director to organize and implement their annual fund-raising gala. Mailings, press releases, and photo editing.
- Coordinated fan mail for jockeys and trainers and the guest list for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
- Installed a new exhibition about equine medicine, “Ride On!”
- Worked with the curator handling artifacts, cleaning trophies and statues, and re-cataloging their collections.
Intern | National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Collaborated with visiting curators to develop and implement two new exhibits. Tasks included research, installation, and organization of opening events.
- Worked with the director with the organization of a national dance educator conference and the museum’s annual benefit gala of over 200 guests.
MFA – Museum Exhibition Planning and Design
The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA
BFA – Art and Design, French
Alfred University, Alfred, NY
Art Exhibition Experience
Co-Curator & Artist | “Seven”
An exhibition of seven senior photographers, showing seven prints, in seven different mediums of photography.
The group was in charge of installation, lighting, press, and coordinating the gallery opening.
Co-Curator | “Figuratively Speaking”
An exhibition in the Women’s Leadership Center Gallery on campus.
The exhibition included 15 artists from Alfred University focusing on the beauty of the female form.
Tasks included creating a call for work, installation, lighting, and marketing the opening.
Curator | “International Inspiration”
Organized an exhibition of art from students who had studied abroad in various countries.
Tasks included creating a call for work, lighting, and installation of the work.